Have you ever wanted to try to use green beauty products instead of products that contain harmful chemicals? If this is you then this guide is perfect for you! Sometimes you have this great idea in your mind that you really want to fulfill, but your not really sure where to start. Sometimes just trying to start something can be the hardest part, trust me I know. Below are 5 steps that I think are most helpful in starting the switch to using green beauty products.
1. Have a plan – The first thing you want to do is think about what you envision, how do you want your life to look and feel like? Setting certain goals is important and can help you to decide and find what you are truly looking for. Your goals will probably change as you go on and learn about new things, but that’s okay this is just to get you started somewhere.
2. Make a list – This may sound like a lot of work or kind of silly, but really makes a huge difference! Making a list of the different ingredients and products that you find is important for you to remember everything. There can be a ton of information out there and it’s hard to remember every little thing. This will save you a ton of time, trust me. If you like the feeling of being organize then this step is definitely for you!
3. PURGE! Clean up time! Throw out all products that have harmful ingredients. This is probably the hardest step and the step that I struggled with the most. I never EVER want to throw out anything that I paid good money for especially if it’s not even close to being empty. It was a huge struggle to see all of those brand new or almost full products go to waste or to someone else. So if I could do it so can you! My suggestion would be to throw out any products that are almost empty and try to give the newer ones to a family member or anyone that you know who will use it, so they don’t go to waste. If they are brand new products that have seals you could try and donate them as well!
4. Research – when you’re brand new to using natural and clean products it can be hard to decide and find products that are natural. It is also easy to be deceived with some brands that may look like they are clean and natural, but in reality are really not. Doing your own research on different products and ingredients is really beneficial, just by using google and searching natural moisturizers or natural hair care you can find a lot of good information.
5. Experiment– Once you do a little bit of research and think you found some good products and ingredients that you like, give them a try! I would recommend not going overboard and buying so many different products, but I would try to incorporate a few at a time. If you are worried about a product breaking you out or giving you a reaction, it is said to place a small amount on the inside of your elbow to see if you have any reaction. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find a product that you love, it took me forever to find products that I really like and are compatible with my skin.